Anyone that has had cancer or is still battling the disease is a "Survivor". Survivors are the guests of honour. They mark the start of Relay For Life by joining together for the first lap around the track, encouraged by their families, friends and all the teams. This first lap honours the courage and resilience of all Survivors, as well the support of their families and friends.
Take this chance to get support and to support others battling cancer.
Activities for Survivors and their families
- The local committee of Relay for Life is made up exclusively of volunteers and is supported by the Foundation against Cancer. It organises several activities throughout the year, some of which are dedicated to Survivors and/or their relatives. Are you a Survivor yourself? Then do not hesitate to participate in these activities to improve the well-being of (ex) patients. Some examples: yoga sessions, cooking classes, physical activities... All these activities are offered by professionals with a specialisation in cancer.
- Is a Relay for Life event organised in your neighbourhood? Then all Survivors are guests of honour. They receive free admission and a goodie bag. A programme (online and/or offline) is put together for them, in which all anti-corona measures are taken into account. Survivors will be honoured during the event, together with all the other people involved in the fight against cancer (coaches, carers, etc.).
- Would you like to be kept informed of the activities for Survivors and their loved ones?
- Register via this registration form
- The local committee will keep you informed about activities for Survivors.
- If an event is organised, you can register for the activity or event for free via the activities page.